Pageviews past week

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Once Upon a Time in China, There Lived a Large American


This post is completely inspired by a hilarious Facebook conversation I had last night. But, I am also going to throw in a few random things going on with me and Coval Training and Performance, some quality tips, and of course the awesome Facebook convo.

1) I landed my first online client through the contest CTP had last week for the free online personal training. Then this week picked up my second via referral and actually the guy is going to be here in Bloomington today, so I will be able to perform an assessment on him. I can't wait! I will be back home in Michigan this weekend so I will be able to do an assessment for our online contest winner, Shane Rickman. Big things happening!

2) My buddy Mike Robertson (if you don't know who he is, well check his website because you should know) just revamped his website and it looks damn good. Tons of quality information and to be completely honest (and slightly biased) I would say out of all the big name guys in the fitness industry, Mikes website looks the best. Allen Tucker designed the website so if you are looking for a web designer for whatever reason, then I recommend looking him up.

3) If you are having trouble accomplishing task throughout the day, then a good thing you can do is start writing out what you need to do in time blocks. I have been doing this for the last few weeks and it has made me much more productive (although I could be more productive than I am). For instance, I will write out my morning before going to bed the night before and it might look like something like this...
7am-eat
730-750 read ex. physiology material
750-8 check email, respond if necessary
8-820 read Block Periodization
820-830 free time
830-check progress to make sure task are being completed

Now that is only the first hour and a half of my day, but I think you get the picture. It sounds really boring, but the truth is it helps a ton. I have to get better about this and continue to do it day in and day out.


4) Last night I was chatting with a buddy of mine on Facebook. He moved out to China for a job promotion early last year, and has been having quite the experience when he goes to the gym out there. Now mind you Jason is roughly 5'10, is about 230 lbs, has squatted over 555 pounds raw, deadlifted 630 lbs raw, and benched 385 raw. Here is our conversation as it happened. I was laughing my ass off the entire time.

We are entering the conversation after I asked Jason if he had done any powerlifting meets in China:

Jason: No meets over here. Its hard to find a gym to train at. My strength has gone down from what I usually do. They don't like me doing deadlifts. I have bent 3 bars and make too much noise.

But they think I'm some kind of super star freak. It is funny.

Me: lmao that is so fucking awesome

Jason: I tried to tell them that 500 lb bars are cheap and they need to purchase 1500 pound bars.

Me: How'd that go?

Jason: They have no idea that their are different bars. To them a bar is a bar.

Me: oh man this is hilarious. I'm seriously laughing out loud. This is great stuff.

Jason: lol, yeah it cracks me up too. You should see them when I workout. They stand right by me and grunt for me while I'm training
****NOTE****
You read that correctly. They grunt for him while he trains.

Me: dude, do you realize how many hits on YouTube you would get if you taped this?

Jason: I showed them how to do correct form on the bench and the whole gym stopped to come watch me show a couple guys. Seriously they think I'm a God over here. If I had the money to start a gym over here, I would make a killing.


THE END! Hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the great stuff you put up man. Always repping someone else who has tons of info to gather from as well. This is Russ Mock from WMU(ex sci), looks like your doing big things bud, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russ,
    Thanks man! Sorry for such a delayed response, but I appreciate the love. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete